01 Feb Project: “Inspire, Motivate, Act for Better Education”
CSI NADEZ has started with the realization of the project “Inspire, Motivate, Act for Better Education”, with main aim to encourage better educational integration of students with low socio-economic status in the community and raising awareness among local stakeholders about the need to take action to overcome the consequences of low socio-economic status on the educational and personal development of students.
This is a two-year project (January 2021-December 2020), a re-grant from the Foundation for Educational and Cultural Initiatives Step by Step, funded by the European Commission.
The project includes the following activities:
- Activities for strengthening the capacities of CSI NADEZ to support students with low socio-economic status and to work on educational issues in the community and beyond;
- Activities for reducing the consequences of the low socio-economic status on the educational achievements of the students;
- Activities for involving students and families in the process of finding solutions to improve their awareness and understanding of the need to take action to reduce the consequences of low socio-economic status on educational and personal development;
- Activities to strengthen students’ self-awareness to understand and practice values to help those affected by poverty;
- Activities for informing the general public at the national level about the impact of poverty on the development of students and their well-being.
Donor: European Commission
– 600 students from 5-9 grade from the pilot school “Braka Ramiz-Hamid”, Suto Orizari, with emphasis on students with low socio-economic status, as well as students from 4 other schools that will be established in cooperation with Step by Step Foundation;
– Families with low socio-economic status whose children are the target group of the project;
– Teachers, professional service and management in the primary school “Braka Ramiz-Hamid”, Suto Orizari and in the other four schools established in cooperation with Step by Step Foundation;
– Local stakeholders (representatives of local authorities, NGO sector);
– The general public at the national level.
Duration: January 2021-December 2022