Women’s World Day of Prayer, German Committee
Direct beneficiaries are 120 students from hairdressing program in first, second and third grade years in “Shaip Jusuf” high school. The total number of direct and indirect beneficiaries in the project is up to 300 people.
The main goal:
The project aims to help students in the hairdressers program in the “Shaip Jusuf“ high school to learn practical skills that they can use to find or create employment or income. The project is also dedicated to helping young Roma increase their awareness about the negative effects of gender inequality in order to overcome the stereotypes.
- The hairdressing salon was officially open on27th December 2017 on the day of the school patron
- In 2017/2018, 75 students in all three grades have attend 1196 hours of practical work in the first year of the project. In 2018/2019, 80 students in all three grades have attend 1196 hours of practical work.
- Five informative workshops were conducted in 2018/2019. A total number of 107 people attended the workshops.
- Eight mixed students-parents workshops for gender equality were conducted in the first year of the project: one workshop on the topic Early marriage, one workshop on the topic Family planning, three workshops on the topic Women’s emancipation and three workshops on the topic Dispelling the stereotypes.
- Eight mixed student-parent workshops for gender equality were conducted in the second year of the project: three workshop on the topic Early marriage, three workshop on the topic Family planning, one workshop on the topic Women’s emancipation and one workshop on the topic Dispelling the stereotypes.
- Four workshops for writing CV’s, motivation letters and professional e-mail inquiries were conducted in February 2019.
- Two workshop for marketing skills and retaining customers were conducted 2018/2019.
- Two workshop for business etiquette were conducted in 2018/2019.
- One workshop for government self-employment grants was conducted
- Two Career Expo event was organized for the students who graduated.